Wednesday, 19 October 2011

How to Make Hairspray

Two or three years ago I was at the hairdresser - I don't remember now whether she showed me an article with this recipe, or just told me about it, but I raced home and wrote it down.  It's been filed away since then.

Occasionally I miss some of my old girlie habits.  Not often because there is so much more that is interesting in life!  But I must admit ten years ago I just LOVED 'product' in my hair!  This week I searched out the recipe and gave it a shot.  It is so easy!

Now, be warned, it is more like cheap or old fashioned hair spray.  Use it lightly because it kind of just sets your hair.  You know how you used to see women with too much hairspray and their hair looked like it had been glued in place?  Anyway.........  the recipe!

Put 9 tablespoons of water
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of vinegar
into a spray bottle and shake!

Yep!  That's it!  As soon as the sugar is dissolved it's ready to use.  If you do make this recipe, I would love to hear what you think of it!

3 comments:

alison@thisbloominglife said...

Thanks Linda, I think this would be perfect for Miss 10s hair (she's got my fine, flyaway stuff). We've been busy getting ready for fire season too...Thanks for the feedback - it is greatly appreciated!

Linda said...

Hi Alison, Nice to hear from you. Let me know how you go if you make the hairspray. It was good to receive a reply from you. Us women are all critical of ourselves sometimes. I think our expectations are unrealistic but we don't know our limitations, don't you think? I read your last post, glad to know life is rosy again!

Kim said...

Wow , that sounds interesting...especially for us girls going to Melbourne Cup parties.I had actually stopped using the bought stuff because of all the chemicals.